Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Independence Day Decorating

It's starting to look like the 4th of July around here!
Some Independence Day decorating took
place this afternoon at Heritage Schoolhouse.
First, I made a banner for the hutch. This was inspired by Kelli's banner at There Is No Place Like Home. Thank you so much for the instructions Kelli! I love how the banner turned out!

I also made a star garland for the mantle. You can find the instructions at Marth Stewart Living. Once you get the hang of making the stars, they go very quickly!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Your banner looks wonderful, Mrs. H! I also love your star garland. I saw that too, and wanted to make one...hopefully next year!
~Kelli

Mrs. H. said...

Hi Kelli,
I'm glad you saw the banner. I wanted you to know that I have the link working now, back to your site. I'm still learning all the blog stuff and sometimes I have no trouble with linking and sometimes it gives me fits! I had to leave it and get to Bible class this evening - but as soon as I could I fixed it! I want everyone to see the "original" at your site! :-)