Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our Favorite Christmas Candy

Chocolate Billionaires
3 dozen

1 (14 ounce) package caramels
3 tablespoons water
1 ½ cups pecan pieces
1 cup crushed crisp rice cereal
1 package chocolate bark

Melt caramels and water in microwave until you can stir easily; stir until smooth. Mix in pecans and cereal. Cover cookie sheets with wax paper. Drop candy by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Put cookie sheets in refrigerator until candy hardens (about 30 minutes). Melt chocolate bark in microwave. Using a fork, dip candy into chocolate bark, turning to coat all sides. Place candy on sheets of wax paper on the counter to harden. Enjoy!

I have been making these for ten years now! It's just not Christmastime at Heritage Schoolhouse without Chocolate Billionaires. :-)

2013 Updated to add that it's now been 15 years of making Chocolate Billionaires for Christmas! Linking up to share with Kelly's Korner Christmas Traditions.

11 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Oh dear! I will have to make these ~ they look so good! A lot of good it did me to do all that walkin' on sunshine! :~} I'll start that again AFTER Christmas,
I guess. :~/

Jodi said...

These look like a great holiday treat!

Jules said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe, these sound yummy!

Kerri said...

These look so good. I would love to try them. Where would I get chocolate bark? Would my local supermarket have it or would I have to go to a candy shop?

Mrs. H. said...

Kerri,
Chocolate bark is like almond bark, also called candy coating. It comes in one pound packages and you can but it at the grocery store. It is usally in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips, nuts, and bakers chocolate. Right now you'll probably also find it on aisle ends with the holiday baking supplies displays. Hope y'all enjoy them! :-)

Mrs. H. said...

Lady Farmer,
We can walk on sunshine in January! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Delicious combination of ingredients. I'll definitely have to try this recipe. Thank you for generously sharing it with us! ~Arleen

Gone said...

mmmmmmmmmmm...these look and sound delicious

Marnie said...

We made these this evening and they are very good and easy to make. Thankyou for sharing. I linked back to your recipe from my blog.

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

Thanks for linky up! I am going to make these TONIGHT!

Anonymous said...

How many candy pieces did your recipe make?