Sunday, October 31, 2010

Homespun Scarecrow Costume


Oh did I have more fun making this costume!


I started with my straw cowboy hat and covered the conchoes with some fabric scraps.


I wore a red flannel shirt and my husband's overalls with some more fabric scraps sewed on.
(Flannel and oversized overalls - talk about a comfy costume!)


I put my hair in pigtails. 


And I stuffed raffia in all  the pockets and taped raffia under the hat and around the cuffs.


A little face paint in red and brown was the finishing touch.
($1 per tube at Wal-mart - the only cost for this costume!)


I slipped on my cowboy boots and was ready to go!


I hope this gives you an idea for a fun and frugal costume! :-)


Linked to Farm Girl Friday Blog Hop #77

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're the cutest Scarecrow I've ever seen! Great job!
thanks for sharing this with the farmgirls this week!