Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sour Dough Bread Starter


Sour Dough Bread Starter Experiment 
Day #1

After spending the better part of the past several days trying to find on-line instructions for sour dough bread starter, 
I finally stumbled upon these 

There is A LOT of information out there about sour dough bread and most of it confused me.  At one point, I even googled "sour dough bread for dummies"!  ;-)

So here I go!  Hoping this works and we have our first loaf of sour dough bread sometime next week! 

2 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

I am watching you with eager anticipation! I tried sourdough starter last winter and failed miserbly! (We heat our home solely with wood heat, and there was a problem for me finding a spot with the correct temp for *growing* the starter.)
I got a recipe and some directions from a blogging friend and am hoping to try in a couple of weeks. But I will see how you fare first!
Hope it goes well!

Mrs. H. said...

Thanks Lady Farmer. I am trying the "real" way first, but if I don't succeed there are other recipes that use a tiny bit of yeast to kick start the process. We'll see!