Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pumpkin Harvest Cookies


Pumpkin Harvest Cookies
2 dozen

1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup craisins

Beat shortening, sugar and pumpkin. Add egg. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; add to pumpkin mixture. Stir in nuts and cranberries. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookies sheet. Bake 12 minutes at 375°. Wonderful with Constant Comment tea!

Mmmm...you could eat these for breakfast! ;-)

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Yum, this recipe sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! They look delicious.
Next time I want cookies I'll make these.
Naomi

texasmcvays said...

I made these today and they were wonderful even with the substitutions I had to make! (we only had 1/3 cup of shortening so I used 2/3 cups of applesauce etc...) My dh kept saying these are great! I am happy to have found another great source for good cooking!
K

Mrs. H. said...

Glad you liked them Kyle! :-)

Tina said...

My son almost talked me in to buying pumpkin cookies from the bakery today...glad I didn't. I'm going to make these tonight!