- scrub apples with soap and rinse thoroughly (this is to get the waxy coating off and help the caramel to adhere better)
- make sure apples are completely dry
- after coating apples, hold them upside down, then right side up, then upside down, etc. until caramel starts to set
- sit apples on buttered wax paper
- put finished apples immediately in the fridge
Okay, I did all of this! I spent several minutes babying each apple, turning it up and down and keeping lots of caramel on each one. After I finished each one, I put it right in the fridge...
The caramel still ran off! ;-)
Oh well! :-) That sure doesn't stop them from tasting wonderfully!