Tuesday, July 5, 2011

~easy and simple patriotic decorating ideas~


For our 4th of July party this year,
I purchased some red, white, and blue ribbon,


and a few white carnations.
Every thing else was "use what you have" decorating! :-)


I mixed and matched my sets of red and blue napkins


with red and blue tablecloths. 


Old milk bottles with flowers and flags were the centerpieces. 


A mason jar full of red, white, and blue
glow bracelets decorated the little kids table.


And, I fixed up a table outside for the older kids.






A little metal tub I had
held the plates and bowls
for dessert and ice cream.


And, I used mason jars to hold the


spoons, forks, and knives.


A simple bit of ribbon
turned my fruit basket into
a patriotic napkin holder.


And don't forget that things you use
can become decorations, too!


Like red, white, and blue, cookbooks,
candles,


and aprons!

I hope this gives you some ideas for easy and simple
Independence Day decorating!

Linked to From the Farm Blog Hop.

3 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

These are really cute decorating ideas for the 4th of July. My personal favorite is the clear glass jars, white carnations, ribbons and little US flags :) :) How beautiful :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Deborah said...

Hi, visiting from Kelly's SUYL. Really ejoy your cute red/white/blue decor, especially the mason jar utensil holder. Thanks for sharing.

His Doorkeeper said...

Coming over from Kelly's blog! Love your "simply beautiful" red/white/blue decorations! Well done!