Monday, September 8, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

~for today~
September 8, 2008

Outside my window...
my husband is cleaning out our pool
to take down and store until next summer.

I am thinking...
about what a hard worker he is.

From the learning room...
Bible, spelling, vocabulary, language arts, geography, math
and yeah! science today - I am loving our new science curriculum.

I am thankful for...
the opportunity to teach my children.

From the kitchen...

Heritage Schoolhouse Supper Menus


I am wearing...
black t-shirt, army green capris, black flip-flops.

I am creating...
lesson plans.

I am going...
to the grocery store this morning.

I am reading...
teacher's manuals.

I am hoping...
to work on our history time-line.

I am hearing...
the washing machine.

Around the house...
school, daily chores, 4H meeting this evening.

One of my favorite things...
AUTUMN! :-)

A few plans for the rest of the week:
starting all of our outside the home classes.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
a delicious cappuccino that my husband just made for me.
He's better than Starbucks! ;-)

Please visit The Simple Woman to read more Daybooks.

4 comments:

flmom said...

Which science curriculum do you use? We are doing Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day (Apologia) this year. Science is definitely one of my oldest's favorite subjects! Have a wonderful day!

Mrs. H. said...

flmom -
We are using Considering God's Creation by Mortimer and Smith. I like that the prep is easy on me and the activities that are included really seem to reinforce the learning. It is for 3rd-7th grades and I have a 3rd and 6th grader.
Thanks for visiting Heritage Schoolhouse! :-)

Kristin said...

Hello Laurie! I gave Kristi Roberts your last email address I had. She told me she found you and she told me of your blog. I am enjoying it so much. I would love to catch up with you and your family, life, schooling, etc...
I am homeschooling now, too. I love it. It's my second year.
I can't wait to hear from you.

DebD said...

I don't like coffee, but I love your picture - it looks very tasty.

I love the autumn too. And this week my son started most of his outside classes too.