Friday, April 3, 2009

Crock Pot Chicken and Red Potatoes

Chicken and Red Potatoes
4 servings

3 tablespoons flour
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons oil
4 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
2 cups fresh baby carrots
1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
4 canned whole green chilies, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 can condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted (I used cream of chicken)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon chicken seasoning (I used 1/4 teaspoon onion powder and 1/4 teaspoon paprika)1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Coat chicken in flour. Brown chicken in oil on both sides. Place the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and chilies in slow cooker. Combine soup, milk and seasonings. Pour half of soup mixture over vegetables. Transfer chicken to slow cooker; top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

This looks tasty, indeed! I will have to give it a try.
Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm printing this one off~I'm always looking for great slow cooker recipes. Thanks!

Jill said...

This looks delish! And I now know what I'm cooking for dinner! :-)