I'll be honest I was really thinking these might be a "Pinterest fail..." ;-)
But they worked!
I followed the instructions here.
I used a bit of shortening on the cookie cutters
instead of the cooking spray the original instructions suggested.
I also used a straw instead of a toothpick to poke the holes in the ornaments.
(I found if you wait a minute or so after they come out of the oven it is easier to make the holes.)
The whole process took just a little more than 30 minutes.
They harden back up really quickly.
I put some red ribbon on to hang them with,
and added them to my kitchen Christmas tree.
I thought they really turned out cute!
I would have made more, but only had a dozen peppermints on hand.
I put the star one on the top of the tree! :-)